Viko Baumritter chair and ottoman, a discussion

I owned these two wonderful pieces of history. A Viko Baumritter chair and ottoman, both were covered in mustard yellow, Naugehyde-type fabric. The fabric was original to each piece and had a nubby-nylon type feel to it. The chair and ottomnan were made a bit later than some of the standard mid-century modern "big whigs"(Eames, Wegner etc) but they were just as lovely and sturdy.
Here is an ad that was taken from the MAY, 1957 ISSUE OF THE AMERICAN HOME MAGAZINE


Baumritter furniture was a little less expensive and made for the common man, the suburbanite.
I no longer own this chair and ottoman, the mustard color was not my style and I could not bear to change the original fabric.


I have heard there is a matching coffee table to these pieces so let me know if you know anything about that. I would love to see a photo of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrien Art - Painting, Sculpture and Pottery by Adrien Miller

BARB's BLUE BARN aka' "She Shed"

Hello Etsy Shoppers