Friends and Family

I have recently had some house guests, my cousin, Linda, and her husband from Iowa. Linda and Ron sell vintage and resale in their state, but not on Etsy. They do the craft fair, flea market, set up booth and sell at farmers markets. We both sell vintage just in a different venue.
It occurred to me as we were out at thrift stores, shopping for bargains, and how differently we shop. She looks for old farm, primitive, antiques and I look for mid-century modern. She is drawn to old and rusty and I am looking for sleek, clean lines of Danish modern, Italian Pottery or any shiny-metal.

Here is a picture of me when I visited her (Linda) in Iowa. Ah the corn belt, ah the farms, ah tractors, I can hear the theme song from Green Acres! How do you like that giant ear of corn? I collect pictures of myself on all vacations and give the photos to ,Bec, who loves "BIG" things. It is amazing how many Giant sculptures and such are along the highways of the USA. Take a road trip and see for yourself!

I getting off track....
This is more of what I had in mind while thrifting.
(the clean lines of these teak chairs)

She was shopping for more rustic items and that was fine with me. At least we didn't fight over anything that way! This was more to her liking, primitve, black painted windsor chair. Both designs are considered vintage and would be perfect on Etsy but I like our shop to have that Eames Era Vibe.

I look for more of a "Mad Men" kind of thing. You know what I am talking about, when the Rat Pack was the rage in Las Vegas and our parents or grandparents had dinner parties with cocktails especially martinis?


Yeah, Sammy Baby, pour me a drink!
Dino, where are the olives?


These are the kind of items you can find in our Etsy shop- Very mid-century modern, Very Rat Pack, Very Mad Men and Very groovy baby!
Well, whatever your style, vintage can be a great way to accessorize your home. Linda and I are kissing cousins from neighboring states, we are Family, but most of all we are True Friends.
Who else would get excited with me over a Chrome Martini Shaker?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrien Art - Painting, Sculpture and Pottery by Adrien Miller

BARB's BLUE BARN aka' "She Shed"

Hello Etsy Shoppers