Mid Century Modern Genius - These are my Mad Men

I started this blog to have a discussion about mid-century modern and vintage furniture and products. I came across this wonderful photo from the 1960's, it was published in Playboy magazine.
The photo features the genius designers of the century when it comes to modern furniture.
Each designer sits on his own creation, in order are:
Gerorge Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoria, Charles Eames, Jens Risom from July 1961, PlayBoy magazine.
From the (Saarinen) Womb chair to the iconic school chair (Eames), we should celebrate their genius, they have changed our everyday lives with their innovation. From clean lines and use of new products of their age (Eames- molded plywood chair or molded fiberglass),they have led us on a modern journey. For over 50 years their furniture is valued and desired, we covet and copy their work.
Their designs are still valid today.
I know I am on my soap box but I just wanted to share my opinion and this fantastic photograph with you.

Comments

SEO Services said…
I must admit that your post is really interesting. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Thank you Womb chair

Popular posts from this blog

Adrien Art - Painting, Sculpture and Pottery by Adrien Miller

BARB's BLUE BARN aka' "She Shed"

Hello Etsy Shoppers