The Real Mc Coy...Art Pottery



I love pottery, and especially art pottery. I confess I collect it and I especially love Mc Coy. I made this Treasury to celebrate Mc Coy- with its lovely patina and pastel color glaze.

I have this leaf dish on Etsy at the moment. I am not sure if it is Mc Coy or USA pottery. It has that aqua color and great crazing (minute cracks in the glaze that show its age) of the glaze.


Here are a few of my actual pottery collection, I think what I am first drawn to is the color of the glaze and then the shape ( a vase, a shoe, a planter pot, an urn). Since I throw pottery on the wheel I know how much work it is to make a piece. Pottery is truly a work of art and I don't think folks appreciate that fact. Pottery is just as difficult to create as any painting or sculpture! I like to think of it as a Useable Piece of Art.
Mc Coy Dutch Shoe circa 1940s
Mc Coy Bean Dish for the family favorite- baked bean casserole!


I hope you enjoyed this little walk through pottery as much as I did. Visit us at RetroBabs to see more pottery.
Blessings Babs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrien Art - Painting, Sculpture and Pottery by Adrien Miller

BARB's BLUE BARN aka' "She Shed"

Hello Etsy Shoppers