Upcycled chandelier

Happy New Year and Happy Superbowl day!

 We were scheduled to have a party today but a foot of snow fell in Chicago so people kept cancelling. I cannot blame my guests but what am I to do with 5 lbs of spicy wings and a 20 inch pizza??  Hubby and I ate a few pieces and we froze the rest. 

I thought you might like to see my latest project.  My mother graciously  gave me a chandelier that I believe came from my grandmother.  It is an antique and has beautiful hanging crystals.  I have always liked it and would never give it up because of the wonderful memories BUT....... it didn't really fit into my decor.

 So I asked my hubby if he had anything we could put "around" it. 
He has made other items for the yard as art- globes, obelisk type ornaments etc.
Here is what he came up with once I described I wanted to do a Pottery Barn hack.

He said the metal was from a snake  (a long ,thin piece of metal you put down a drain to unplug a clog).  I am not sure I needed to know that much info (YIKES- do I want to know where that thing has been??). But it does have a nice patina on the metal !!

I slipped it around the chandelier and didn't even have to remove the chandelier from the ceiling. I am happy with it.  Feel free to comment and tell me what you think.
 It is a bit wonky because it is hard to make a perfect circle/sphere. The sphere seems to project a funky pattern of shadows on the ceiling which is growing on me!

I hope your favorite team wins and stay warm and safe out there.
Blessings Babs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrien Art - Painting, Sculpture and Pottery by Adrien Miller

BARB's BLUE BARN aka' "She Shed"

Hello Etsy Shoppers